Take Action: Trading Irregularities
Domestic Energy Producers Alliance
Make your voice count.
If your company was impacted by the trading irregularities on April 20, 2020, join us in demanding an immediate investigation.
We are asking that the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) begin an investigation without delay of the WTI crude oil futures traded on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME). The investigation needs to include the possibility of market manipulation, failed processes and systems or computer programing errors in the WTI prompt month of May 20 and oil contract futures on the CME. This can never be allowed to happen again.
Steps you can take now.
- File a complaint with the CME on behalf of your company.
- Call (312) 341-7970 or send an email.
- File a complaint online here: https://www.cmegroup.com/market-regulation/file-complaint.html
- Reach out to the CFTC and ask them to investigate the CME.
- Call (202) 418-5000 or send an email.
- Other contact info.
- You may utilize the draft letter attached, seeking a CFTC investigation.
We want to hear your story.
Additionally, we would appreciate hearing your personal stories about how you/your company have been impacted by the price crash and crude oil trading below $0. This includes job losses, layoffs, furloughs, budget cuts, amount of shut-in production, etc. Maintaining your anonymity, it is so important we have the statistics and data to share with policymakers so they understand the real-life impact this has had on our industry.
Click here to download a sample letter to CTCF Chairman Talbot