The IOGA is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation that represents over 400 members of the oil and gas industry as to issues that directly affect the development and production of oil and gas in Illinois. The Executive VP works for and at the direction of a Board of Directors but primarily through its Executive Committee, both of which are elected by the membership.
Link to the full job description here.
ESSENTIAL CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of oil & gas industry or other petroleum-related industry such as midstream services, refining, or petroleum purchasing/marketing is preferred
- Strong communication & advocacy skills including
a. Written & oral communications
b. Interpersonal and large/small-group communications
c. Ability to prepare and make presentations
d. Communication utilizing social-media platforms
- Demonstrated executive and organizational management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of basic financial management, including budget preparation and reporting of financial data
- Knowledge and experience with legislative, political, and governmental processes
- Availability to travel to regional and national industry meetings
- Ability to work remotely subject to the positions travel requirements
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
The Executive VP will work and strive to protect, preserve and advance the common interest of the IOGA membership. This will include but not be limited to the following:
- Monitor and advocate Industry positions as to state/federal legislation and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with state and federal agencies that regulate the Industry.
- Promote industry safety through workshops and seminar.
- Conduct association meetings with exhibitors and technical programs.
- Respond to members’ inquiries and requests.
- Manage finances including budget preparation and quarterly reports.
- Monitor and facilitate liability/worker’ s compensation insurance program.
- Engage in public and member outreach to promote the importance of the Industry.
- Keep members advised of all relevant issues affecting the Industry and how to protect, implement and maximize their business practices in considering governmental requirements, global pricing issues and other forces that affect their ability to operate and conduct their businesses.
- Maintain relationships with various associations and commissions including Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA); Oil & Gas Advisory Board; Domestic Energy Producers Alliance (DEPA); National Stripper Well Association (NSWA); Interstate Oil & Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC); Illinois Task Force on Hydraulic Fracturing; and Prairie Research Institute Advisory Board; and other state oil and gas associations including Indiana (INOGA) and Kentucky (KOGA); and,
- Attend annual and other meetings of the foregoing organizations to demonstrate solidarity and support and to engage in information sharing as to Industry issues.
- Prepare, edit, and publish a monthly news bulletin for members and the public.
- Serve as the IOGA’ s lobbyist in all matters before local, state or federal regulatory or legislative entities.
- Establish, implement, and manage sound organizational structure for IOGA’s office and its day to day operations.
- Maintain a sound relationship with the Executive Committee and carry out all general responsibilities as may be delegated or directed by the Executive Committee.
For additional information, contact the IOGA President as follows:
Bryan T. Hood
Shakespeare Oil Company, Inc.
202 West Main St.
Salem, Illinois 62881
Additional Salary Information: Compensation is to be commensurate with experience and qualifications and will include salary; pension; health insurance; and travel reimbursement.